DIY CNC X-axis assembly detail
source site These are the details for assembly of the X-axis carriage.buy cheap viagra online
- Major components bolt together
- Use two nuts at each end of the threaded rod and “double nut” them.
- An Acorn Nut on the side of the threaded rod opposite the stepper is only for aesthetic purposes and to shield what can be a sharp and rough end on the rod.
- It is critical all components are square during cutting and at assembly
- When mounting the X-Axis assembly to the rails on the base, you may need to shim under the X-Axis Linear Bearings (#5) to get a snug fit (I used business card stock)
- The Linear Bearing Nut (18) is shown here, but must be installed on the Z-axis assembly before it is threaded onto the threaded rod (12)
- The two aluminum angles (16) are held in place by the Z-axis assembly. Hold in place with some masking tape during assembly.
|Item #||Qty||Description||Part Number|
|1||1||X-Axis side, left|
|2||1||X-Axis side, right|
|4||1||X-Axis side bottom|
|5||2||X-Axis Roller Bearing||Assembly|
|6||2||X-Axis linear bearing mounts|
|7||8||1/4-20 x 2" Hex Head Bolt|
|8||2||1/4-20 x 1.5" Hex Head Bolt|
|9||10||1/4" Flat Washers|
|10||2||T Nuts, 1/4-20|
|11||8||Threaded cross dowels||Rockler 31823|
|12||30 Inches||1/4-20 threaded rod|
|13||4||1/4-20 hex nuts|
|14||1||1/4-20 acorn nut|
|15||2||R4ZZ 1/4"x5/8"x0.196" Bearings||VXB Bearing R4ZZ-1|
|16||2 x 24"||3/4 x 3/4 x 1/8" Aluminum angle|
|18||1||Linear Bearing Nut and anti backlash||Assembly|
Sponsored by HobbyCNC.com
acquista viagra sicuro Low cost, high quality, high power Stepper Motor Driver board kits, perfect for the DIY Mill, DIY Router, or DIY mill.